Saturday, April 21, 2007

India

Things I will Miss about India......
- cheap travel all over Asia
- reeaaalllly good Indian food....reaallly cheap!
- my stray dogs, Brownsville, Fatty (aka ‘This one’), Trixie (‘The Trixifier’) and Blackie
- wearing super colourful clothes and not being ‘super-Jessie-weird-colouful’ just ‘normal’!! Not that I mind being super Jessie colourful in my own way....it is kinda one of the things that defines my style and I like that! But Indians do colour well- Indians love bright pink, blue, yellow, red....and love wearing it all together even more! Men seem to wear pink shirts more often than, say, white or black!
- year round summer....(most of the time..I mean it gets stinkin hot in March and April!)
- not being freaked out that there are geckos all over my house and yard
- Miss Ashi and all the other wonderful, talented teachers I met here



Things I can’t wait to get away from in India........
- the pollution...from burning garbage, from litter, from public defecation, and mostly from diesel fuel
- the overt staring/ogling/’Eve teasing’ (as it is called here) by men at me, my legs when I run in shorts, and especially the laughing at me when I get angry at them
- Indian television channels that play the same commercials OVER and OVER and OVER again.....2 years running now!
- the dry, dry, bone dry heat from March to May
- the road leading from the highway into the school lot- 1 km of literally the worst potholes in the universe!

Things I can’t wait for in Canada........
- Timmy’s!!
- seeing my friend Jenn’s new baby girl Chloe Aleta Davey (and Jenn and Shawn too!)
- seeing my fam and my doggy Riley
- sleeping in a bed that is not as hard as a rock
- seeing Chloe Aleta Davey....I am already obsessed!
- living and working (I hope) in Toronto and enjoying all TO had to offer

No comments: