Tuesday, May 09, 2006

New stuff....

Hi!
So, I haven't been very good at keeping my blog updated...but most of you receive my emails anyway, so oh well! Some new little things that are happening around here...
1) It is mango season!! I used to think I didn't like mangoes, but boy, was I wrong!! I was just used to unripe, yicky ones from Canada...not sun-warmed, juicy ones freshly picked in India~ Yum- they are soooooo good. There are a bunch of varieties- but my faves are Alphonso....smaller ones (sweeter!) with a bit of red on the skins. The only thing is- they are hiiiigh in calories, so I can't eat them to my heart's content...just one every few days!
2) I am taking yoga again, with a girl named Deepa that some people went to last year. We go every Monday and Wednesday to Rachel's house. I went yesterday and man, was it a great workout!! After that last lady I had (I didn't like her- she was very critical...) I forgot how good yoga can feel! My body is thanking me for some consistent exercise! It is very similar to the yoga that Mom and I did with Valerie at the Lotus Centre in London. Same school of thought. I also re-discovered that I have NO upper arm strength...despite the fact that I'm lifting 7.5 lb. weights three times a week.....I still cannot lift my body weight!
3) Camels. They intrigue me. I was walking home from school last week and just happened to cross paths on my street with two boys walking their camels around. Now, camel are not as common in the South of India as in Northern parts like Rajasthan, so even some locals were gawking/looking. Anyway, I think life is pretty cool when things like that happen. They definitely remind you that you are NOT in your normal circumstances!
Kay, I am going to sign off, as I am afraid the power will die and I'll lose this email, so more is coming!
JB-W

No comments: