Saturday, May 20, 2006

Steak and passion fruit!

So, you may think that you can't get a good steak in India, the land of the 'holy cow'...but let me tell you- you are wrong! Last night I went with Kathy, Chris and Mark to a restaurant called The Only Place (where we had Thanksgiving dinner in November...) and had the greatest bbq steak I have had in a looong time. It was so tender and juicy with the best bbq sauce! Yum. My body hasn't ingested that much meat in one sitting since I was home at Christmas! Also, I tried fresh passion fruits for the first time. They are these strange little wrinkly fruits (being wrinkled means they are ripe) that have yellow pulp with blackish seeds inside. I was told to cut it in half and sprinkle the inside with sugar. It was good....but you DO need the sugar, as they are sour! I always thought they were super sweet (prolly due to passionfruit coulis that I would have eaten on desserts at fancy restaurants!) Anyway they are sour, and I still haven't decided whether I like them or not......I'll try another one and decide!
That's all for now!
Jessie

No comments: