Monday, September 11, 2006

A Hard Life...

Staying smart by playing Trivial Pursuit at Kurt's house!
Kerschl's barn on his family's property in Welland, ON
Yep...hard life here in Canada with the hot tub parties and all! At Kerschl's for a 'comiserate' party resplete with wine and a BBQ!

Johnny surveys the goods!
Oops- this pic is here twice....
Me and my fave wine to the upper right- Geuwertzraminer!





Well, as you all know- I have been 'stranded' here in Canada for the past few weeks. So, this past weekend a few of us decided to get together to 'comiserate.' Remember, as good as this looks, I'd still rather be slaving away at work in India....is something wrong with this?!

First, John and I travelled to Niagara on-the-Lake (NOTL) Friday night. We stayed at a cute B & B called Whispering Winds (see me and Johnny above..) It had an 'Indian' (from India) theme, so I liked it. We went for dinner Friday night and went out Saturday morning to wander the shops in NOTL. Then at around 1:30 we started visiting some of the many, many wineries in the area. Some we visited were Riverview, Sunnybrook Farm Estates, Peller Estates, Reif, and more. We ate at Hillebrand Sunday night- yummy!! After the wineries, we drove to Kurt's family house in Welland (about 1/2 hour from NOTL) It is a beautiful area and Kerschl's family has a lovely property and a cute doggie, Suma (see pics) We had a delicious BBQ dinner there and melted our visa cares away in the hot tub :) We sure live a hard life over here in perpetual 'wait land'! The next day we just hung around and ate and played games till 5pm-ish. Then John and I left to go to Hillebrand. After Hillebrand, we stayed overnight at the Hilton in Niagara Falls and John took me back to Aldershot train station the next morning! What a fun weekend!




1 comment:

Jen Galicinski said...

Jessie-girl!!!

i miss you!! When the heck do you go back to India?? Is Johnny going with you too?

Nice pics, but, I understand, I'd miss being in India too....freakin' visas, eh? They make life sooooo fun....well, when you actually get to India, I'm thinking of spending two or three months there in like Feb-March, so I'll have to come stay with you again!!

Love you!!
Jen
p.s. check out my blog - i got an article published in a magazine!!